Just Curious

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

eraagne

AC Members
Aug 9, 2010
My dad is fascinated by corals so I was going to look into it all for him and save him some pain. His maximum is $3,000. Preferably $2,000. I wanted to know what would be a decent starter size? He wanted to do 60g but I was trying to talk him up to little bit more so it would be a more forgiving system. So what's a decent newb size that would hang around that price range?

Also I am currently working on reading Eric H. Borneman's Corals so what are some other good reads?

eraagne

AC Members
Aug 9, 2010
Yeah I figured it might work out but I don't know what the ideal size to start with is? Is 90 gallons good or is 60 fine?

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
Yeah I figured it might work out but I don't know what the ideal size to start with is? Is 90 gallons good or is 60 fine?
Bigger is better, I would say at least a 75, depth front to back makes a big difference and a lot easier to work with. I would look into a reef ready 90 or 75.

For 2k you could easily have a nice tank, just make sure to do your research. Especially on skimmers lights etc. And ask questions if you need to!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store