My tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mario75

AC Members
Apr 15, 2012
Real Name
Marius
Hello ,my name is Marius I am from Romania and in the last 2 years I learned about aquascaping .
My tank has 40 gallons
Light :2x t5 39 w + 1 xt8 30w
Filtration :Tetratec ex 700
Heater :75 w
Fertilization daily PPS-Pro , Trace mix ,and occasional fosfo(po4), potasium (k), Magnesium (mg)
co2 : DIY
Substrate : DIY
Fauna :12 paracheirodon innesi , 9 rasbora , 3 microrasbora galaxy ,20 red cherry shrimps
Flora :didiplis diandra , marsilea hirsuta, blyxa japonica,heteranthera zosterifolia, ceratoptheris,eleocharis parvula, hemianthus callitrichoides,alternanthera lilacina,bacopa monieri , bacopa coroliniana.
Actual set-up is far to be finished , however I attach some pictures (I hope to succeed)11.JPG12.JPG14.JPG15.JPG

11.JPG 12.JPG 14.JPG 15.JPG

Last edited:

matiller

AC Members
Aug 18, 2011
Your tank is breathtaking! I'm trying to do something similar but on a seriously reduced scale (2.5g tank) lol. I've got dwarf baby tears but they're nowhere near as lush and close to the substrate as yours! How long did it take for your carpet to grow so nicely?

Reactions: Phoenixjoni

mario75

AC Members
Apr 15, 2012
Real Name
Marius
Thank you for your appreciation .This is the third time when I am growing HC successfully. The substrate is a cheap one and it is not that important for the growth of the plant from my point of view. What matters is the light, CO2 ,KH and the fertilizers, especially macro(N, P, K). I managed to grow it in 14 weeks in this actual setup, but I only had a pot of HC.

matiller

AC Members
Aug 18, 2011
mario75, do you use any tab ferts or slow-release ferts at all?

Reactions: Phoenixjoni
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store