Asian Bumblebee Catfish- help needed! questions inside.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

27emily27

AC Members
Jun 19, 2008
This fish has recently come into my possession after being surrendered at My LFS which couldn't take it, after some research I ASSUME thats this is an asian bumblebee but not 100% completely certain, any confirmation would be great.
Does anyone have experience in keeping/caring for these guys, she is 8" and could be around 6 years old but possibly 3 at the youngest. I have a 44g currently set up which is already close to her needs (I think!?) pH 6.7 which I will bring up a tiny bit, Driftwood (with Anubias plants) and Black water (from ketapang leaves) with a large hollow cave. I plan on doing it up with more bottom cover, plants, caves and tree root style driftwood, is there anything I have missed or should reconsider?
Whats can I feed her and what are the best options? I have no idea what she previously ate (apart from her tank-mates)

any information, advice, tank or tank-mates inspiration welcome and appreciated,
Thanks guys, oh and here she is, how I got her in a detergent bucket! wasn't happy about that!

027.JPG030.JPG

027.JPG 030.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store