Please help me - Are these Eggs ?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nagukush

AC Members
Jan 1, 2008
Hi Friends!

I finally got my 6 footer and 2 medium-large oscars (about 6 to 7 inches) and as soon as I left them in to the new tank (in a few minutes) I saw these very tiny white pearls ( about 20 of them ) floating at the bottom of the tank. Im not sure if these were eggs as they are gone now...

May be the fish were stressed after about 2 hours journey in the fish bag and just released a few eggs ?

Could this mean that I may have a pair ? I bought them from a tank of 4 same sized oscars but these 2 were looking more healthy and has almost the same colors / patterns on them...

They dont fight too much but do ocassional nudging on sides of each other / lip-locking and when one approaches the other from the side, its tail fin almost vibrates / shivers for a few seconds - could these be signs of a male & female pair ?

Please guide me as I'm vry excited that I may have a pair...

I have black sand as substrate, should keep a flat rock to see if they wanna lay eggs ?

Please guide me asap friends...

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
no expert on Os but im pretty sure 6-7 inches would be way to small to breed or lay eggs, even if you did have a pare.

6-7 inches for an O is small...and young. ^_^

steagan

Registered Member
Apr 19, 2012
I suppose they could be. Go ahead and throw the flat rock in there and see if you get any action!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store