phytoplankton

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sbazain

sbazain
Apr 4, 2012
miami
Real Name
sergio bazain
how often should i feed my mushroom corals and copepods copepods are allover the sump i was reading is good to feed them phytoplankton any help with this thank you

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
IMO, there is no significant benefit to feeding phyto to those animals. Phyto can easily pollute you water if you ovedue it, causing algae blooms or worse. IMO, phyto is only required for non-photosythentic animals (gorgs, sea fans, carnations, etc).

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
IMO, there is no significant benefit to feeding phyto to those animals. Phyto can easily pollute you water if you ovedue it, causing algae blooms or worse. IMO, phyto is only required for non-photosythentic animals (gorgs, sea fans, carnations, etc).
+1

While in theory it may help the copepod population, in practice it doesn't necessarily work that way.

It really isn't worth the trouble. If you already have pods all over the place then there isn't much point in trying to boost their population beyond its natural balance.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I have never fed PODs and m-shrooms.

sbazain

sbazain
Apr 4, 2012
miami
Real Name
sergio bazain
doing good how's the weather in south africa first time i talk to some one from south africa , here starting with my new hobby love it but it has a lot of things to learn to get that reef going but i guess if you like what your doing you enjoy it .

mzwygart

Registered Member
May 7, 2012
I put one of the marine pellets on each mushroom each day and they seem grow well. In my nano cube they have doubled in size in two months. A couple of them are even starting to split.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I put one of the marine pellets on each mushroom each day and they seem grow well. In my nano cube they have doubled in size in two months. A couple of them are even starting to split.
As stated before, I never feed my shrooms. They spread like crazy without help. I started with about 12. I gave away over 50!!! I still had lots!! They were everywhere.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store