Mossy tree frog + fish?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

eraagne

AC Members
Aug 9, 2010
So my friend/ dating prospect wants to do a frog and fish combo and I am trying to steer him in a good direction.

Is it possible to do fish and frogs and are there any good combos? I was thinking mossy tree frogs and large rasboras (3 inch or so) in a 40b. But i have no idea. Any thoughts?

marinkafuschia

AC Members
Oct 21, 2008
Olympia, WA
I would be worried about the frog/fish combo, too much to keep up with and pay attention too in a 40g. if you had more space it could be really cool. I think most of the tree frogs out there do best with taller tanks anyways and trying to work fish into a tank with a small footprint is tricky. If you really want the water component in the mix what about a small "pond" in the terrarium with aquatic moss and maybe shrimp? Best of luck!

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
When you say Mossy Tree Frog do you mean Theloderma corticale? Because if so you can keep them in a paludarium style setup with some fish. But I guess there's always the risk of them eating the fish since they are pretty aquatic for a tree frog.

eraagne

AC Members
Aug 9, 2010
do you mean Theloderma corticale?
Yep, the adults are particularly good swimmers. Would a 75g be better? Well obviously it would. But I don't think there is space in the room for one so maybe starter dart species would be better for a 40b with no fish involved.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store