"Blue" dog food

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
Just curious if anyone has tried or uses "Blue" dog food? What are your opinions of it??

kcartwright856

AC Members
Mar 8, 2012
Millersburg, PA
www.facebook.com
Real Name
KC
There are 3 different grains in the top 5 ingredients. Not good for your dog at all. Look for food with NO grains.

I use and recommend Taste of the Wild. No grains and comes in several different protein forms for dogs with allergies to certain protein sources.

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
There are 3 different grains in the top 5 ingredients. Not good for your dog at all. Look for food with NO grains.

I use and recommend Taste of the Wild. No grains and comes in several different protein forms for dogs with allergies to certain protein sources.
Thanks kcart! A friend of mine started using this stuff and was going on and on about how good it was, so of course I had to come to my fav "fish site" and get real opinions :)

axelrod12

AC Members
Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Real Name
Greg
We feed our dog taste of the wild high prairie. Its really good stuff.

Our dog also has a very sensitive stomach but does well on taste of the wild. I have read to avoid their fish though. I forget the exact reason. I think there was some chemical they dont guarantee their fish are free of.

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
So two for "taste of the wild" sounds like one I should look into then. As far as I know my dog doesn't have any problems/allergies to anything, so that isn't a problem for me but I would like to start getting him a better brand of food, he is very active and with warm weather approaching we will be spending way more time outside, so more running a playing for him.

Is it also true that with the higher quality foods, they actually eat less because it isn't full of "fillers"?

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
My dog lived 16 years off Alpo 50 lbs for 25 dollars, my other 2 dogs are 10 and 11 and going strong. I see no reason to pay those crazy high prices for dog food.

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
Well, just looked it up and there is a place bout 6 miles from me that sells it...will go look into it some more tomorrow :D

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
My dog lived 16 years off Alpo 50 lbs for 25 dollars, my other 2 dogs are 10 and 11 and going strong. I see no reason to pay those crazy high prices for dog food.
Yeah, I know I've had dogs over the years and most the time bought them just regular dog food and they were fine...but the more I look into things and the way they change formulas of stuff like this without letting it be known that it was changed along with so much GM crap out there that I'm sure makes it into their foods especially the ones with corn, I'm just getting more and more worried about everything Ice.

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
Many of these holostic foods or high protein foods are actually ni.better for your dog than one with grain and can be worse. Very few brands have actually tested their food to see if it meets a dogs requirements (science diet, eukanuba, royal) and all foods are now required to say if they are tested or if they are "formulated". MOST if not all of these holistic foods are formulated since it takes many years and alot of money to do proper testing. By being formulated they may never even have been fed to a dog before being sold. Also the word holistic has no legal meaning, I can grind up mcdonalds and put holistic on it legally. Also most of these foods are for "all life stages" this is a giant red flag, one that everyone can understand. A puppy and a 5 and a 10 year old dog need a very different food and no food is for all life stages or for all sizes! The size of a dog makes a giant difference on its requirements. These high protein foods are often too high in protein, dogs arnt meant to have such high protein content anymore and almost none of our breeds ever " existed in the wild" and their diets are very different from wolves or other wild dogs. Working in a vet office we see alot of problems on these holistic etc foods and try to educate people about it. Also just because a dog lived a long life on a food is more a testament to the dog, some dogs can live their whole life on table scraps. Is it the best for them? No, but some dogs are lucky. The average however is not. I suggest getting one of the older dog foods that produces for different ages, sizes, and does real feed testing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
The one suggested isn't a all for one, they do have different for puppies then adults. I didn't see on the web site if it was "formulated" or not though

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store