Front seemed to have stop eating pellets

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RBoydIV

AC Members
Nov 29, 2010
I have 3 Juv. fronts in a 75 with Calvus and Comps. I have had all of them together since they were fry. Raised them on New Life Spectrum and they all ate it fine up untill a couple months ago.

The Calvus and Comps eat the pellets fine but it seem the fronts have stop eating it. They take it in there mouth then spit it back out. Any suggestions on how to get them to eat?

Thanks

Manafel

AC Members
Oct 10, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Real Name
Kayla
Remember not to put the salt directly in the tank, be sure to dissolve it in tank water first.

RBoydIV

AC Members
Nov 29, 2010
They will eat flake but dont seemed too excited about it. They will eat frozen foods. I dont think they are sick. I have heard about adding garlic juice to the pellets but dont know if that will make them sick. I recently sold 4 of the fronts i originally had 7. Almost like they are depressed.

Manafel

AC Members
Oct 10, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Real Name
Kayla
Garlic will help with their appetite and it helps with internal parasites... Fronts really only do good when in a colony, so it would make sense that they would be upset. One would be lonely, two they would kill eachother and three can be seen as just not enough. I soak my food in garlic juice sometimes and my new life spectrum food has garlic in it, so it wouldn't make them sick.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Try switching to some small Krill pieces but i believe they are stressed due to their colony being upset by the move out, Fronts need protein Krill and Earthworm pieces should entice them to eat..

shrimplette

AC Members
Dec 7, 2009
Palmdale, Ca
my fish don't like New Life Spectrum either. They eat it but they don't like it. I find brine shrimp to be excellent supplemented with a few algae wafers and seaweed. My fonts eat a couple of silversides a week. I don't feed every day either. Most people overfeed their fish!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store