Experience with six line wrasse?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ThatNewFishGuy

AC Members
May 4, 2010
I just added a six line wrasse to my tank 2 days ago. He will most likely be the last fish I add until something dies(which hopefully isnt anytime soon lol). The problem is since 2 days ago, I have not seen any sign of him. I have checked the floor around and behind the tank to see if he jumped and still could not locate him. I dont think he died because a long time ago, when we didn't have the slightest idea of what we were doing, fish would die all the time and we could tell when something died because there would be a strong fishy odor coming from the water. This is not here..

After acclimation, I added him to the tank. Very first thing he did was dive bomb the sand bed. I have a maroon gold clown that likes to stir up the sand bed a bit and cause a small storm. But the wrasse hit the sand bed like the way an asteroid hits the earth and sprays dirt upwards. I almost thought he killed himself right there. But Ive read that these fish actually do hide in the sand bed when they are introduced.

Im just wondering when can I expect him to finally stop hiding and come out?

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
My six-line is always zipping around the tank, even when I just added him. Is anything in the tank threatening it? I've noticed mine sleeps under a rock and goes under there from time to time during the day. Maybe he's just hanging out.

:cheers:

ThatNewFishGuy

AC Members
May 4, 2010
Actually, he is doing great now. He just swims in and out of the rockwork all day. He does occasionally bury himself and send sand everywhere though

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store