iodine

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sbazain

sbazain
Apr 4, 2012
miami
Real Name
sergio bazain
starting to feed iodine to the corals is this going to give me an algae bloom or don't have to worry about it or how should i go about it

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
I wouldn't bother adding it, personally. There is little empirical evidence that it is required by most corals to any real extent. Some claim adding it directly helps with color, but considering the amount added in most foods, I don't see the need--assuming the corals are fed, that is. If you do decide to add it, there's no real way to do it, as most test kits are not going to be accurate (nor will they show all available forms). Just follow the manufacturer's instructions on whichever product you choose.

As far as algae goes, it all depends upon the type of algae. I've never seen a bloom in direct response to iodine and only certain types of algae (mostly macroalgae) seem to assimilate it in significant amounts. Whether they actually need it or not, I'm not so sure.

sbazain

sbazain
Apr 4, 2012
miami
Real Name
sergio bazain
thanks for the advice new at this hobby trying to learn the correct thing and what's best for my tank

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store