the wait is over, I'm back!!!!!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

daveedka

Purple is the color of Royalty
Jan 30, 2004
Columbus, ohio
This may not be the place to post this (probably should be general chit chat or something) but I'm so slap happy right now I don't care! I have been without a tank for seven years, and I just filled my new 115g and started the filters. Homemade light hood works great, OERFUG running properly, emporer 400 works great after sitting all this time, AC 500 works great as well, We'll see if the light timers are working in the morning, and how much heat my 6 flo. lights put in the tank overnight. Maybe by this time next week the anubias and Java fern will be planted, my Brother is giving me filter media tomorrow to instant cycle, 'll be feeding pure ammonia all week, if all goes well and stays stable, fish will be in in 2 or 3 weeks. Yeeeee ha !!!! :dance :laugh: :dance :laugh:

Andy16

AC Members
Dec 10, 2002
Wisconsin
Visit site
That post gave me shivers, the sound of a filter starting up and lights clicking on. Ahhhhhh, now thats the life! I wish could set up fish tanks alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll day. Congrats on the resetup of the tank and good luck to you!

Im with DEmigh about the RFUG and OERFUG. No idea what your talking about:D

daveedka

Jan 30, 2004
Columbus, ohio
www.aaquaria.com/aquasource/rtrrfug.shtml

This link will clear up what an OERFUG is, by the way RTR, thanks.

This is one of the better articles I have read on UGF's, I decided to try this filter set-up because the 115 will have oscars and Dempsey's in it. In about Three months, the rest of the basement will be ready, and the community tank will be starting up then. next quest will be a 155 bow front for my Oscars. I doubt that will happen anytime too soon unless I mis-judge my wife's tolerence level for aquariums.

Last edited:

Hans

I will eat your fish.
Oct 24, 2003
Gieboldehausen, DE
www.brianhanley.com
i found my old whisper with the trickle sponge, man that was such a pain.. i can remember being 13 years old, cursing the makers for using such a horrible design, the sponge woudl clog and water woudl go everywhere! long live the bio wheel! i just wish there was a way that the wheel would not stop, dry out, and kill all that baceria :(

daveedka

Jan 30, 2004
Columbus, ohio
i just wish there was a way that the wheel would not stop, dry out, and kill all that baceria
I have never had that experience, but the fear of it is one of the reasons I will never run a tank on one filter alone, even my 10g get two filters of some kind. just in case something stupid happens to one of them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store