Durso Cross mod

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pherball

AC Members
Apr 2, 2012
So I'm building my first reef tank (yay!). It is 100g and I'm building an overflow/false wall in the back. It will be about 40 inches long and have the heater in it. I want water to circulate evenly around the heater so I don't think a single drain would do the trick. I like the idea of a quiet drain so I thought I could mod the Durso to work for my situation. I haven't tried it yet and I was hoping to get some opinions on whether it will work or not. Here's my doodle:
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1336059120.138155.jpg
It would be two inlets on a cross connector with the cap and adjustable air check valve at the top. Max flow, max silence, max circulation. Will it work??

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1336059120.138155.jpg

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
If you want dead quiet, forget about a Durso and go with a Herbie style overflow.

Pherball

AC Members
Apr 2, 2012
The tank I have is predrilled. Only one hole. It's half inch glass and weighs at least 300 lbs I don't really want to try to put more holes in it. Plus I don't have the tools to do so. Herbie style requires 2 drains right? I'm new to this but I'm doing a lot of research before I dive in.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Yes a herbie does require 2 drains/holes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store