Show your Kitty Pictures!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mykidsmylife

Princess of Peons
Aug 26, 2005
Indiana, U.S.A.
I love looking at the pictures when people show off their non-finned pets and decided to start a thread. There may already be one (if there is I'm sorry) but it seems buried and I can't find it.
SO....I'm going to start off by showing off my precious kitties. All my animals are rescues.

First off is Suzy. She is my 12 year old daughters kitty and super tiny. She is 6 years old and doesn't quite weigh 5 pounds. She is so very devoted to my daughter. She will follow her any where and guards her while she sleeps at night by sleeping on the pillow at her head..ALL NIGHT LONG. She is a pound kitty.

Then is Sammy, another pound kitty. She is our beautiful black polydactyl kitty.

There is Rusty. He is a kitty that came to me when I was doing rescue work. He was a "street" cat that had lived in a neighborhood where a kind, but highly allergic woman, fed him on her porch. When she moved she brought him into the Spay/Neuter clinic I was working at with her eyes nearly swollen shut from her allergies and crying. She was afraid no one would feed him after she moved. He had lived outside for nearly 3 years that she knew of....and was declawed. :( He has the life of Riley now in our house and is the SWEETEST guy ever. He is very attached to my 18 year old son.

Next up is Spanky. Spanky came from a family who brought him into rescue who could no longer afford to feed him. He was a flea ridden mess, and stole my heart and came home with me. He is extremely attached to my husband. Spanky has some mental issues. He is not the smartest cat in the world. The vets seem to think it may be something similar to down syndrome in cats, and his skull is very miss-shapen. He the sweetest cat you have ever met and does wonderful with the litter box so...home with me he came.

Then there is Chucky. Chucky is a bit of a terror, but can be a sweetheart when he wants to be. He came to the rescue with a severe compond fracture of his back hind leg. A very disturbed child grabbed him up when he was about 6 weeks old, and intentionally grabbed his leg and snapped it in front of a lot of people. The vets worked hard to successfully save his leg and he came home with me so he could get his medication 24/7 and so I could continually wrap and brace the leg as he grew. I became so attached he never left my home. His leg is not "normal" but he has full use of it. He trust everyone in the house but does have issues with strangers, and understandably, younger children.

And finally, our newest kitty is Dany! Dany is a gorgeous long haired girl I found this spring. She was covered in fleas, had massive clumps of hairballs all over her, and snot pouring from her nose. After much grooming and vet care, including her spay, she is doing fabulous. I am SOOO very attached to this little girl. She is one of the kitty loves of my life. Sweet and definitely a mommas girl. Check out the long ear hair on this girl! lol

If you hadn't noticed, I have a thing for the ginger kitties. All my ginger boys like to hang out together. They are always curled up sleeping together.

All of them are housecats, spayed/neutered, and extremely well loved. A few still have some health issues we work with, but for the most part they are all healthy and happy kitties. Rescued animals are the BEST. ;)

Oh...and just to throw off my own post...
Here is another rescue of mine. His name is Jakers. He bites EVERYONE and ANYONE when given the opportunity so was brought into rescue. We didn't normally take in birds but well..... He came home with me too. In defense of him not fitting the "kitty post"...he does Meow, call for the kitties and says "I'm a pretty kitty" :D So he *thinks* he's a kitty so fits. My senegal kitty parrot, Jakers.

Thanks for looking and PLEASE share your kitty pictures as well. If they have a story, all the better.

Pssst. Mods-if you think this belongs in the photo gallery go ahead and move it. I didn't put it there because everything was "fish related" as far as I could see. Thank you. :D

dani_starr

AC Members
Aug 6, 2011
California
Real Name
Dani :)
I was totally thinking of starting a thread like this! ;) Your kitties are absolutely gorgeous, and I love the stories!

Anyhoo, here are my kitties.

This is Jasmine, aka Jazzy aka Jazz.

She was born on December 17th, 2006. I got her from our neighbors when we lived at a horse boarding facility (normally I am all about adopting at animal shelters, but I was 13, and it was a by chance thing my mom let my twin and I get them.) On Christmas eve night, her owners said that she somehow got into the heat vent system, and spent two of the coldest nights in December in the vent system. When they finally got her out, she was perfectly healthy still, although a little hungry. She is my little princess, when she was a kitten she would literally climb up my pants (or legs) and just cling to my shirt until I would put my arms around her and hold her. Unfortunately, against my will, my mom made us get the cats declawed when they were a couple years old (it was laser declawing, I was angry as hell, but we had no choice), so she can't do that anymore. She will however, reach up and paw at me when she wants to be held (she has recently resorted to biting when she thinks sufficient time has passed, and she hasn't been picked up.. :Angel:. The most unusual thing about my kitty, SHE DROOLS! Whenever she is purring, drip drip drip she goes, she is my little leaky faucet. She will even form puddles! Before I went vegan, I swear she had a yogurt sixth sense. When I'd be upstairs opening a new Yoplait, she would magically race upstairs, and start meowing for some. She just knew, that somehow, I was opening a yogurt.

This is Samson, aka Sammy, aka Sam, aka Poof ball, aka Fluffy, aka Brat (but shhh I didn't say that, my sister will kill me! ;) He is Jazzy's brother, and my twin sisters cat. He was the second runt of the litter, and is super friendly. He is best known for jumping up on the couch, then plopping on the computer. He will be a brat to me, I'll be petting him, then CHOMP he'll bite me. He is super tolerant though, you can hold him pretty much anyway you want, and he puts up with it. He has the cutest black feet, my sister calls him her black footed ferret feet kitty cat. He likes when he is on his back and you play with his tummy, he'll get his feet all kicking and then he'll start trying to play bite and scratch you with his back claws.

And this is Todd.
todd 2.jpgTodd.jpg
Todd was named after the fox from the Fox and the Hound. Todd is one of the three male guinea pigs I rescued off of CL from an animal hoarder/trader/seller. The poor boy had his nails painted red WITH HUMAN NAIL POLISH. He was living in a small tiny cage, all by himself, with no veggies, hay, and water that was knocked over, so he constantly had no water. The bedding was scratchy pine bedding. He now lives in a fleece lined, homemade 20 square foot cage, where he receives unlimited hay, tons of fresh veggies (it took him over 2 months to NOT be scared of vegetables), and wheeks all the time (he is by far the loudest of the bunch) for his veggies or hay, even though he is still pretty terrified of me, I don't think he'll ever be too socialable after the abuse he went through at his old home.

This is Max.
Max eating full body.jpgMax on my lap body.jpgMax.jpg
He was named after Max from a Goofy Movie. He was living in the same place as Todd was, except an even smaller cage with Chase. He is probably the most sociable, but he is still really skiddish. He is my little garbage disposal, he'll eat all fruits and veggies gladly. He's a Peruvian guinea pig, and HATES for his hair to be trimmed.

And this is Chase.
Chase poking from box.jpgChase sleeping.jpg
He was named after the doctor from House, and from the fact that it is a serious "chase" to pick him up. He is the smallest, and the most terrified of humans. He'll gladly wheek for his veggies, but the moment you try petting him, he is off hiding in his cardboard box hideouts. He came from the same hell hole cage that Max did. He is a crested guinea pig.

Group photos!:)
Group 1.jpgGroup 2.jpg

Chase poking from box.jpg Chase sleeping.jpg Max eating full body.jpg Max on my lap body.jpg Max.jpg todd 2.jpg Todd.jpg Group 1.jpg Group 2.jpg

Last edited:

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
This is Indie. She is a bengal. We also have her brother Odie who is silver. I couldn't find a pic of him.

IMG_0738.JPG IMG_0739.JPG

mykidsmylife

Princess of Peons
Aug 26, 2005
Indiana, U.S.A.
Dani, I don't know if you had pictures added, but they aren't showing up :(

stephcps- Awwwww. She thinks she is a catfish!! Gorgeous!

Manafel

AC Members
Oct 10, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Real Name
Kayla
This is My little girl Named River. My Mom's ex had 2 english mastiffs on his land and they had chased her into a tree. Dennis(my mom's ex) saved her and brought her to my house. She hates car rides and will pee in the car, because of her peeing in dannis's truck he disliked her. He threatened my mom that either she had to go, or he was going to leave, eventually they broke up after 10 years and mom said 'Well, looks like we're keeping the cat!' River is a really spoiled cat, and she doesn't get along well with others, but she is very affectionate. We named her River because of the color of her eyes.

This is India, My BF's cat, he will be bringing her when he moves in. She's a bit of a problem child who pees on everything(Including my BF and I) We are hoping that moving her to a new, less crowded house, and getting her spayed will fix the problem.

This is Sandal, He's an adorable kitten that we got from a friend that found him(and his sister) shut up in a cardboard box that had been stapled shut and left on the side of the road last summer. He had lost all of his fur except for what was on his head. Now he's a happy, fluffy little heathen. My roommate has taken him with her, but I still get to visit him. I might have to ask to take him back because he seems to be getting a little thin(My roommate has run into some financial problems).

dani_starr

AC Members
Aug 6, 2011
California
Real Name
Dani :)
Sorry to double post, I am past my 30 min time limit for editing. Also, sorry I didn't realize it was a KITTY only thread.. oops. :grinno: I tried to delete the guinea pig stuff, but it wouldn't let me.

Here's the pictures of my kitty cats though. This is Jazzy
Jazzy 2.jpgJazzy.jpgjazzy.png

This is Sammy
Sammy 2.jpgSammy.jpg

Jazzy 2.jpg Jazzy.jpg jazzy.png Sammy 2.jpg Sammy.jpg

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
Nyx, miyuki, Blanca

Blanca

Nyx...whats in the bucket?

Miyuki (spots) and Blanca my rescue babies ^_^ this is there favorite place to sleep

( i have more kitties..just not pics of them on this comp )

JamieMonster

AC Members
Mar 16, 2012
Chicagoland, USA
Real Name
Jamie
CUUUUTTTTEEEEE! Thanks so much for sharing, everyone! I am going to have to go grab some pics from my desktop computer & share them tonight or tomorrow... I don't have any on the lap top. <3 kitties are the best <3

I loved all of these stories and pics!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store