Small bottom dwellers for 20 gallon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

CrustaceaCurtis

AC Members
Feb 17, 2012
North of Boston
I have a 20 gallon long tank with Endlers, celestial pearl danios, and snails. There is a baby albino bristlenose pleco that is living in there now until it's big enough for my 54 gallon. I am looking for ideas for very small bottom dwellers (under 2") that would get along with my current fishes. I had considered kuhli loaches, but I think they may get too big for my setup. Any advice?

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
I have a 37 which is like 2 20long's stacked on top of each other, and my khuli's don't seem too big at all. Personally I'd go with a school of pygmy corydoras (habrosus cories are my favorite). I've seen them before at Lovely Pets in Quincy, but I' not sure if they still have them.

Also, I know that most loaches are snail devourers, so khuli's might mess with the snails you currently have.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I have rosy loaches in a 20g long & their natural tankmates are galaxy rasboras (celestial pearl danios). My friend offered hers up today, they seem perfect! That's what I'm thinking...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store