Lionfish for a 75 gallon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
I am setting up a 75 gallon and the Demensions are four feet long 24 inches wide and about 22 inches tall. No matter what I am getting a snowflake moray eel. I know the cautions and care for Lionfish. WHAT LIONFISH CAN I GET IN A 75 GALLON FOWLR? <-- I'm not trying to be obnoxious but I'm trying to make that stick out.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
a 75 is 48in long 18 inches wide and 21 inches tall

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Some may disagree, but that tank is big enough for any species of Lion, so I would recommend a Volitan. Cheapest, most easily cared for, hardiest, most readily available species in most areas. Even though a Volitan can get almost as long as the shortest side of the tank, their slow deliberate manner of swimming means they don't need as much running room as say, a Tang 1/3 its size. You'll just want to aquascape correctly, which in this case means leaving as much open swimming room as possible. A low layer of rock perhaps to give the Eel a place to hide, but leave the middle and upper areas mostly open.

fshfanatic

AC Members
Apr 7, 2006
Arizona
Real Name
Mike
Some may disagree, but that tank is big enough for any species of Lion, so I would recommend a Volitan. Cheapest, most easily cared for, hardiest, most readily available species in most areas. Even though a Volitan can get almost as long as the shortest side of the tank, their slow deliberate manner of swimming means they don't need as much running room as say, a Tang 1/3 its size. You'll just want to aquascape correctly, which in this case means leaving as much open swimming room as possible. A low layer of rock perhaps to give the Eel a place to hide, but leave the middle and upper areas mostly open.
U are right. Any lion can be housed in a 75. Housing the larger ones in that tank might be problematic come cleaning time. I have had a lion roll across my hand. It freaking hurts. I woould go with the smaller fu man chu or fuzzy lions my self. Only because you can house more of them.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
Could I start off with a pair of the smaller ones? Can the large ones and the small ones live together? BTW I've read that the smaller lion fish have a somewhat larger sting- that's what I would be worried about, it's fairly likely I would be stung. I would buy some big rubber gloves that practically covers my whole arm.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store