Couple of coral questions

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ThatNewFishGuy

AC Members
May 4, 2010
So I recently acquired some green star polyps. What I would really like to do with these is have them grow on the wall like I've seen on some tanks. What's the best propagation method to do this kind of thing? The thing Im worried about is my tank is a corner tank and I want the gsp to just grown on the two back walls, is there a chance that they will start to over take the front glass used for viewing?

I also got some zoos. The thing is that the rock I got is covered on the "top side" and a good chunk goes onto the "bottom side". Should I try to frag the rock so that I can have 2 pieces that face the light? Are zoos hardy for fragging? I have very little experience doing this kind of thing and I dont want to ruin these.

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
GSP grows like lawn sod. You can literally peal up sheets of it if it starts to take over.

If you are very careful you can use the same method to encourage it to grow places.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
To cut zoas, just use a razor and cut the "vein" that connects them. If ther are on a large rock, you'll need to cut the rock as well. Might be best to have your LFS use their band saw if its a decent rock. If you try it yourself, wear gloves and eye protection (seriously). You may be able to peel some of the zoas off after you cut the vein. IME, you can just break the rock with a screwdriver and then cut the veins than dangle. Might lose a couple of polyps, but it has worked for me in a pinch.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store