swim bladder disorder ??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

longer

AC Members
Jan 14, 2003
victoria bc
Visit site
hi everyone.. ive got a problem.. . i have a 90 gallon freshwater community tank. inhabitants were as follows; 1 Gold Severum Cichlid, 2 Mated Angels, 5 Aussie Rainbows, 7 Red Eye Tetras (?), 1 Orange Spotted PLeco, 1 Hillstream Loach, 3 Clown Loaches, 2 Gouramis, 2 Peppered Corys.

A few months ago one of my angels developed an ifected swim bladder i think, because he could no longer stay midway in teh tank effortlessly (neutrally buoyant for all the divers :) he would fall to the bottom as soon as he stopped swimming. so i put him into a Q tank and medicated with some antibiotics that were reccomended. he didnt get better but my wife urged me to put him back in the tank with his mate to see what would happen. well, he got a little better but would always just hang out on the bottom and only swim for food... i thought it might go away. well he died the other day. a couple of days before that a cory died. then yesterday i noticed a rainbow died and last night it looks like (and this morning) that another rainbow has swim bladder infection cuz he keeps on sinking...

so, please help me, im going to do a big water change, just did one a week or so ago. and then i will test PH and Ammonia, the only tests i have. but if anyone could help me as to why fish get SBI, what to do, and if i should med teh whole tank.. thanks alot. i feed flakes and bloodworms BTW.

thanks so mcuh

longer

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store