Any peaceful community cichlids?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cathan

AC Members
Apr 3, 2012
Burbank California
They will be housed with shrimps and a female pair of honey dwarf gouramis. I'm worried about the shrimps as the population is unstable due to the shrimps being new.

I also have a sand bottom. It's a 60 gallon.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Cathan

AC Members
Apr 3, 2012
Burbank California
Oh ok. My lfs tried selling me some cichlids and I told him what is in the tank already and he point out some cichlids that he said were safe. I told him I would think about it and came home and posted here.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
there definitely are community cichlids! Discus and Angels if you count those, for starters. Others include rams, apistos, and kribs.

bgourami320

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Brooklyn,NY
Real Name
Bonnie
I have Bolivian Rams and Geophagus Steindachneri with Black Phantoms, Blue Gouramis,Bristlenose pleco's and a whiptail cat. They all get along in this tank. Actually I had the Bolivians first and they just stayed together and had their own little arguments and never hurt anyone. They're a nice fish to have.

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
most fish will go after the baby shrimp and adults. if you are worried about the shrimp set them up in a shrimp only tank. let them breed and move some over to the bigger tank. its natural food for them. i have kept angelfish with cherry shrimp and just had enough hiding spots for them not all to become lunch.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store