new tank mate

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bane125

AC Members
May 6, 2012
Was wondering,i have a 93 g cube...30x30x24h...i have a chocolate cichlid..3" a yellow lab2.5" a green terror 3" an electric blue ahli 3.5" a silver dollar 4",chunky bp 4.5" a small tropheus dubiosi 1.5" a black calvus .5" a gold head comprissep 1" and an orange comprissep 1" a banded leopardus fascitus 4.5" a jewel cichlid 5" high fin pleco 4" a peacock eel 6"( always under the substrate lol) and 2" geophagus....all look happy in the many caves of lace rock and holy rock and some other rocks that help the ph levels....my question is...im getting another green terror who is 5-6"....will this be drama to a peaceful tank...as of now...the big boss is the electric blue ahli keeps everybody in check...can be aggresive...even chasing my lil green terror away whenever he wanders to the front of the tank lol...give me some advice fellow aquarists!

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
that tank is REALLLLLLLY overstocked.... i mean REALLY overstocked... either do african cichlids or ca/sa cichlids

bane125

AC Members
May 6, 2012
They are small though.....well ok....i have a 55g spare...which of those can i put in with that 5-6" terror? Helpppp lol

stormywendyann

AC Members
Apr 21, 2012
Westchester, CA
Real Name
Wendy Lubianetsky
You should break your stock up somehow, you have way to many fish in there to be adding anything. No more green terrors unless you break the 55 wide open and do some rearranging. You should really keep Africans with Africans and SA with SA etc. But if it is working currently and you do not want to make any changes. then don't add ANYTHING.

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
Take your current green terror, chocolate, geos and plecos and put them in the 55. Knowing that probably in 6-8 months you are going to outgrow that 55. Then leave your 93 cube as an african tank. You are most definitely going to need a much bigger tank then the 55 for the chocolate (which could be 10-12 inches) and the green terror ( which could be 8-10 inches). Like a 125 minimum.

bane125

AC Members
May 6, 2012
So an african tank(93g) and s/a tank (55g)..got it...i read that since african cics don't grow as big as s/a cics i can have alot if african cics in a tank...i have seen many vids in youtube where there are many africans in a tank almost overcrowded an they are fine...it cuts down on aggression..i guess once i split the africans from the s/a i will be left with about 8 in my 93...where do i put my banded lepinus fasciati? He is a lil aggressive an is growing...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store