I have 2 baby albino cory's!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mykidsmylife

Princess of Peons
Aug 26, 2005
Indiana, U.S.A.
I watch my albino cory's lay eggs several times a month but they are usually gobbled up by ALL in the tank extremely quickly. This Sunday morning while she did her egg thing, a female guppy was giving birth and distracting most of the other fish. There was a group of 4 on a hydro leaf that I quickly picked and added to a net breeder...just to see. A quick google search later I read they take 10 days to hatch. Yesterday morning 2 succumbed to fungus and I removed them. This morning the last two eggs were gone..just gone. Tonight I tossed away the hygro leaf and was getting ready to pull the net from the tank and there were 2 wee little tadpole like albino fish! :D I guess there is really only a 3 day gestation on those eggs. I pulled the babies out of the net with an eyedropper (they are that tiny) and they are now floating in my shrimp tank. I think that's the best place for them.

One question! Will adult Cherry Shrimp eat fry? They are a tad smaller than guppy fry but do move pretty fast. That is the only thing in that tank aside from some oto's.

I am sure I will lose track of them until they are bigger but I'm also certain their are lots of little micro things for them to eat in that planted tank.

stormywendyann

AC Members
Apr 21, 2012
Westchester, CA
Real Name
Wendy Lubianetsky
Congradulations on your new additions. What a fun thing. I would not think that shrimp would eat fry.... but I am not an expert in that, or really any area, either.

bettalover77

AC Members
May 27, 2010
Real Name
Alex
That is awesome, congrats!

Sent from my VM670 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

mykidsmylife

Princess of Peons
Aug 26, 2005
Indiana, U.S.A.
Thanks all. I had no clue at all if the eggs would hatch but thought "Eh..lets see". I added the hatched babies to the 10g shrimp tank. There is no way I will ever find them in there again unless/until they grow. They are the almost exact same color as the PFS and there are many hiding places. I figured they had more of a chance in there than anywhere else. Hopefully they are nestled in the leaf litter or the moss bed and are comfy cozy.

I'll admit, I was shocked and fascinated and it gets me to thinking of breeding them. My husband has begged me not to set up a 20g breeder again but MAN, it would be SO EASY. Plus it was cool just because I've never seen cory babies that tiny..ever.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store