Fish tank kings

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
I HATE how once there is one show about something (like tanked) that there is a copy of it within a year. The show is normally pretty good, but I just hate how that happens.

IDK if I have nat geo wild in my bedroom, but I will look it up.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Except for the choice of location... *is waiting for ball to punch right through both sides of the tank*

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Except for the choice of location... *is waiting for ball to punch right through both sides of the tank*
There was an uproar over that possibility and they claim they used bullet proof glass and did a layer of it in front of the actual tank. Maybe google it and see how many versions of that story come up.

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
I actually watched that episode, they were beating a piece of the material they used for the safety layer with a bat before it was installed and had a player throw a 82mph throw at it after installing it. There is a air space bewteen the tank and safety layer to allow for outer layer to give and deflect the impact instead of having it tight against the tank.
Although the concept of the tank is neat, I wonder how the fish will handle all the noise and motion going on around them during game time.

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
They made a real reef aquarium last EP! Also did an African Cichlid Tank. NO WAI!
I need to find this show. Haven't seen it yet and haven't even seen it listed in the guide when I'm channel surfing

xDetroitMetalx

AC Members
Apr 24, 2008
Moro, OR
They dumped roughly 100 juvenile cichlids of mixed sexes in the tank all at once. The editing made it seem like it was filled only for an hour or so. It looks like they bring in their own water source, unlike hose water like Tanked.

The live Reef was kind of goofy. Still was really cool and the owner was hilarious.

Tanked is on right now.

The tanks are all awesome, I just can't stand the stocking.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store