Scooter and barnacle blenny compatibility

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
I assume these two are compatible I know some blennies dont mix but the scooter isn't really a blenny so is it ok? Its only temporary anyway I need the scooter to clean up an accident I made. :duh:

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Scooters are Dragonets, not Blennies. Those two fish should be fine together.

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
I have a Scooter with a Lawnmower. Granted the Lawnmower is still 1/3 the size of the Scooter, but they haven't even gone near each other.

The Blenny will pick a burrow in the rock to live in. The Scooter will bury itself in the sand (if you have sand). There shouldn't be anything for them to fight over.

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
What was the accident? Too many pods? Lol, I have one, no one seems to notice he is there.

On a side note, my lfs got one in, it was seriously at least 5 inches long if not more. If I had a big enough tank I would have bought him.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Just wanted to be safe I've given a couple fish $20-$50 meals before, my BB in this tank is tiny 3/4" he wouldn't stand much of a chance if the scooter wanted to get aggressive with him.

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
What was the accident? Too many pods? Lol, I have one, no one seems to notice he is there.

On a side note, my lfs got one in, it was seriously at least 5 inches long if not more. If I had a big enough tank I would have bought him.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Yeah I had a pod bag floating opened it to distribute the pods between my tanks got a phone call and the bag flipped over and dumped them all in the one tank.

Mine can be hard to spot if hes not moving around his coloring blends in perfectly with the live rock. Cool to watch though when he's on the prowl, mines not full grown yet maybe 3.5". I know if your keeping multiples you need atleast a 55g and preferably just 1 male.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store