Tangs in a 30g

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ROYWS3

AC Members
Aug 29, 2000
North-Central PA
Real Name
Roy
What could I keep in a standard 30g (3ft long). I'm not a big fan of shellies. I like Julies, Lamprologus and Neolamprologus sp. Any and all suggestions will be appreciated. General aquascaping would be probably sand and lots of rock. You'll find me mostly in the plant forum so there would be some tough plants in there as well - Anubias, Vals, Bolbitis, etc.

TIA,
Roy

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
What is your goal on this, are you just wanting to keep a few Tang's of mixed company or are you wanting a species only for breeding, this size of tank is going to be very limited as to what you want with these guys..

ROYWS3

AC Members
Aug 29, 2000
North-Central PA
Real Name
Roy
Well what would you suggest going both ways? What could I house together in a display? What would work if I went single species? I kept a pair Daffodil Birchardis in a 10g in the past - raised and sold many generations, but that is my only Tang experience. Again, any thoughts are appreciated.

Roy

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
If you go with a mixed company of Tang's then you could go with a Lelupi a Julidochromis maybe a Calvus or Compressicep.. If you want a species setup you could do a trio of Lelupi or Calvus.. Of course there are many more options for species and if you want to start out with small Tang's you could add 5 or 6 and weed out the extra as they get older and bigger.. Trust me they grow really slow..

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
I wouldn't add any Syno's and you really do not need to add dithers but if you like you could add Preacox rainbowfish they stay small and are fast enough to stay away, in a mixed company they will mess with each other if you do a pair of Tang's that are breeding then the dithers could play a role..

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
No problem and yeah keep me updated would love to see some Photos.. Have fun..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store