lighting

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sbazain

sbazain
Apr 4, 2012
miami
Real Name
sergio bazain
my lights don't have lunar lights,can I leave my acticnics on all night or that would be to much or it would be better to turn all lights off during the night :rolleyes:

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Don't run the actinics 24/7. You're fish won't like you :).

I really like moonlights. Probably do nothing for livestock but you can see some cool stuff! Grab some of the Current True Lumen moonlights. They are cheap, real easy to add on and work great.

sbazain

sbazain
Apr 4, 2012
miami
Real Name
sergio bazain
can you elaborate on the actinics why the fish won't like them 24/7 and aren't they good for corals trying to learn, I thought you should have them on 50/50 or would it be better to put two 10k,and add some lunars and run the lunars in the morning one hour and one hour at night before turning off for the night ; I run the lights 12 on 12 off actinics and whites but do keep them on all day

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Fish like to sleep, with just actinics on my daytime guys stay active, and most of my nighttime guys dont come out. Even with just my led moonlights my daytime guys wont goto sleep untill after they go out.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Its just too much light to leave on. If you want to see your tank at night, buy moonlights or turn on a small lamp not pointed directly at that tank. Nighttime is when all the creepy crawlies come out and you won;t see them if you constantly have actinics on.

sbazain

sbazain
Apr 4, 2012
miami
Real Name
sergio bazain
so I think is better off if I turn them off at night thanks for the advice will do

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store