There any angel fish that are compatable with african cics? Or south american cics?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
the can be kept with a lot of south american cichlids since they are one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Angels can be compatible with several African Cichlids, but not the ones you're probably thinking of. West Africans such as Pelvicachromis are comparable in aggression, but few Rift Lake types would be suitable. I suppose small shell dwellers would work if the tank were properly scaped.

bane125

AC Members
May 6, 2012
@allaboutfish...lol that was funny!! Which angel fish would u recommend i have a green terror- bp- silver dollar-geophagus-chocolate cichlid so far...what south americans should i stay away from if i get an angel?

fshfanatic

AC Members
Apr 7, 2006
Arizona
Real Name
Mike
African Cichlids require and thrive in extremely hard water, Angel fish not so much. I am sure you could acclimate them to live in such conditions, but I would not do so.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
You got lucky in that whoever named the Green Terror was engaged in deceptive advertising practices. In the future avoiding fish with "Terror" and similar monikers would be a good idea! You shouldn't be asking for a list of species to avoid, far better to ask for a list of compatible species and stick to it. There are way too many species to name, and just because somebody forgets to name it doesn't mean it won't shred its tankmates! A few choices, assuming a large enough and properly scaped tank, would be Severums, Festivums, Dwarf (AND ONLY DWARF!!!) Pike Cichlids, and Acaras. There are lots more.

stormywendyann

AC Members
Apr 21, 2012
Westchester, CA
Real Name
Wendy Lubianetsky
The only cichlid I would recommend putting Angels with is RAMs unfortunately. I have both African and South American. I would LOVE to put my angels in my 100 gallon tank with my SA, but they would not last 5 minutes.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
what size tank is this? i dont know how well a green terror and angel would do together. green terrors are mean.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
The only cichlid I would recommend putting Angels with is RAMs unfortunately. I have both African and South American. I would LOVE to put my angels in my 100 gallon tank with my SA, but they would not last 5 minutes.
rams are not the only ones. severums and festivums are great tankmates for angels. festivums are actually the closest relative to them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store