New bike

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

To3kn33

AC Members
Jul 3, 2010
London
Real Name
Tony
I just went on GUM tree which is a bit like Craig's list and bought a 1964 Indian bike for £80. It weighs a tonne but looks incredible!! Just need to clean her up and restore it to its best or as close to as possible. Just one slight problem..... I need to learn to ride it! Gives me another project to work on besides my tank :eek:)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1337626665.383321.jpg

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Not what I'd look for in an Indian Bike, but very cool nonetheless. I like old Indians with engines!

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
job no. 1: get a helmet. :)

after that, find a reasonably deserted park with paths or parking lot (empty) and have at it. Adjust the seat so you can easily touch the ground with both feet at the same time; start out by just pushing yourself along and get used to the steering and brakes. Then start pedaling and well that's pretty much it. Your average 4 yr old can do it in a very short time so I have faith you can do it too.

of course the 4 yr old has the advantage of being much closer to the grund in the event of falls. Knee and elbow pads are not evidence of lack of masculinity but rather good sense. :) Gorgeous looking bike, if the tires are in good shape you have a great deal there.

To3kn33

AC Members
Jul 3, 2010
London
Real Name
Tony
I have spent a couple of days sorting the bike out, the previous owner(s) had made a few fixes with cable ties etc. it has a dynamo on it to power the lights on front and back so I need to fix that up. Going on Sunday to try and learn..... Wish me luck!

stormywendyann

AC Members
Apr 21, 2012
Westchester, CA
Real Name
Wendy Lubianetsky
Well, did you learn how to ride it yet? I am curious to know. When I first read Indian Bike, I thought you meant motorcycle.! LOL

To3kn33

AC Members
Jul 3, 2010
London
Real Name
Tony

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Skip the helmet...you learn better without one after the first fall....

Just coasting down long slow slopes can help you work on balance without worrying about pedaling and braking....

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
meh...hard knocks..we have been there me thinks...

To3kn33

AC Members
Jul 3, 2010
London
Real Name
Tony
Well that was harder than I ever experienced or thought it would be.... Did get going though after I spent a long time getting confidence, it totally goes against what we do as adults. We assess risks an try and minimise them...... Balancing on two 2cm rubber wheels is a risk!!! I did manage to get going and went quite far.... Going back one night this week to try again!!!! It was exciting yet terrorfying at the the same time!!!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store