kirin parrot question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
can my kirin parrot stay in a 10 gallon for a month or less? i told the seller to ship this week so i would know if i had the tank yet and they didnt listen so its got to wait until my bday for a new tank or i can put it in my 30 breeder but itd be underfiltered unless i could move my blood parrot with him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

stormywendyann

AC Members
Apr 21, 2012
Westchester, CA
Real Name
Wendy Lubianetsky
I think he would be okay in a 10 if you did constant water changes. I don't know if I would push it for a month though. The other thing you mentioned is putting him in a 30 with a Parrot Fish. I don't see why not, I house mine with 3 blood parrots.

To be perfectly honest, when I first got my bonsai, I did not know, and the seller did not tell me how big he was going to get and I had him in a 5 gallon. That was of course before I put my nose the grindstone and learned what I was doing. So, although I would not recommend it, I am sure it would be okay for a short period of time.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
ok im going to see if the 30 breeder is cycled yet or not if it is ill move a filter over and the parrots

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
it's ok to use a 10 g for a month.. I often use them for QT for 4-6 weeks.. of course this depends on the fish stock you are planning to QT.
but a single fish (young) should be fine for 3-6 weeks .. just be sure to monitor the water parameters.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store