Whats Up?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
With all these advert users? Isn't there a law against this somewhere :/ (Idk if there is, but there should be). Anyone know whats going on with them? Did the site add to it's advertising for some reason?

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
examples?

and have you tried reporting them as spam?

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer

fshfanatic

AC Members
Apr 7, 2006
Arizona
Real Name
Mike
Spammers - There is not a lot one can do to totally rid your forum of them. Most of them these days are bots.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
I did report it dougall, what this thread is about is why there are suddenly a sort of flurry of them. This is the first I've seen advert bots actually post thread on AC, so I was curious as to how they managed that.

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
There was one "adult" one in the general freshwater, pretty sure it got taken down. If I remember correctly, the username was literally "temporary".

It would make sense that the site added more ads since it is kind of like a ghost town here compared to the winter months.

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
There was one "adult" one in the general freshwater, pretty sure it got taken down. If I remember correctly, the username was literally "temporary".

It would make sense that the site added more ads since it is kind of like a ghost town here compared to the winter months.
Which is interesting to me. I just talked to a guy who runs his own small fish shop and he said summer was his worst business months. He said people are more interested in their tanks in the winter. Must have to do with being out of the house more in the summer but it struck me as curious

Sent from my ADR6300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store