Hanna digital testers

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
I don't know anything about the Ca or Fe units but lots of people use the PO4 hanna checker. The powder packets are likely calibration standards (not sure) which typically don't have a long shelf life.

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
I don't know anything about the Ca or Fe units but lots of people use the PO4 hanna checker. The powder packets are likely calibration standards (not sure) which typically don't have a long shelf life.
The powder is some sort of testing agent from what I gather you use 1 packet for every test. I was hoping the powder had a longer shelf life then the liquid type tests. The PO4 and Ca units are what I was mainly interested in.

leocom2000

AC Members
Dec 27, 2007
I use an Alkalinity tester with liquid reagent (older ones used powder). It works great for me. The results are very consistent. The reagent does not last for too many measurements, but I get a fresh one ones it's gone and it comes with a new syringe and an adapter. $8 for a reagent is not bad either. I like it.

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
I'll look into the newer ones, I passed on this deal after reading about defective PO4 testers over on RC.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store