Cacatuoides and Honey Gourami?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

eth0s

AC Members
Mar 28, 2012
Howdy. I'm looking for advice on my heavily planted (real and fake) 10 gallon. Currently have a single male apisto cacatuoides and am considering adding a single male honey gourami. Also *maybe* a few shy-ish danios or rasboras...celestial pearls maybe. I'm by no means new to cichlids or anabantids, but have historically kept larger cichlids and gouramis...bettas too. I figure the cacatuoides will hang out around the bottom/middle in caves and whatnot and the honey gourami near the top. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Tank: 10g Radius, glass. Cascade 300 internal filter. Fluval m100 heater.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

tolawdjk

AC Members
Sep 8, 2010
I would skip the danios. At least initially.

And while the honey should be at the top, and the apisto at the bottom, you have to remember in a 10, that is still practically the same space!

eth0s

AC Members
Mar 28, 2012
Besides tank level preference, I have also heard they're both pretty peaceful, except with males of their own or similar species. They have very different body shapes...although both do feature some orange in their coloring, which is a bit of a concern... I'm interested to know if anyone has successfully kept them together in a small tank.

Also, why no danios? Not all are totally spastic lol.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store