clown pleco with cutteri cichlids?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
i have 8 cutteri cichlid juvies in a 20 gallon long until they pair up. can i put my clown pleco with them? also when 2 pair up would it be ok with the male and the babies in a 30 breeder? if not i could move it with the female to a 10. (ill be moving the female bc with my last pair the male ended up killing her).
thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

verbal

AC Members
May 4, 2010
Northern Virginia
Real Name
Jesse
I think the ideal would be to move the cutteri to the 30 breeder and remove the extras(the 20 long would probably work temporarily) when you get a pair. I think a clown pleco would be ok with non-breeding cutteri. I would move the male to the smaller tank. That way when you re-unite them the female would have "home field advantage".

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
I think the ideal would be to move the cutteri to the 30 breeder and remove the extras(the 20 long would probably work temporarily) when you get a pair. I think a clown pleco would be ok with non-breeding cutteri. I would move the male to the smaller tank. That way when you re-unite them the female would have "home field advantage".
but the male is the one that protects them and cares for them. wouldnt a 10 be too snall for a male?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
Clown pleco should be alright as long as there's a suitable hideout for it. They're nocturnal anyway, and will be munching driftwood while the cichlids are sleeping.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store