New Project:D Breeding ABN Veiltail Plecos!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
Hey guys,

So switching breeding projects at the same time as I move in(this weekend, or 2 days from now) so its easier as I will be setting up tanks so best time to switch/change I guess...Basically, it is a switch, but sort of as I am still keeping the old fish? but not for breeding:) So these will replace my ABN pair which is reg. short fin but still look gorgeous:) So I just got in(10 min) ago 6 young 2"-3" albino BN VEIL-TAIL plecos...these guys are super sick:) Hoping to breed them, currently drip acclimating, but seem very active, and healthy...in pics, there is a blue tinge because of the bag buddy so its all good...

So here are some pics...btw they will be going into a 20G Fire Red Shrimp Tank with the other pair for now, and when I move, they will be residing in there own 29G tank until they pair up/trio up:) Idk if anyone cares, but got them for $30 + shipping which I say is a decent price as my LFS sells them for $8-$12 depending on size and don't have them available all the time

pics:D

DSC_0021.JPGDSC_0033.JPGDSC_0031.JPGDSC_0032.JPGDSC_0026.JPGDSC_0025.JPGDSC_0024.JPGDSC_0023.JPGDSC_0022.JPGDSC_0020.JPGDSC_0034.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG DSC_0021.JPG DSC_0022.JPG DSC_0023.JPG DSC_0024.JPG DSC_0025.JPG DSC_0026.JPG DSC_0032.JPG DSC_0031.JPG DSC_0033.JPG DSC_0034.JPG

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
Anybody else have these guys??? They look pretty awesome though...have settled down into their tank and lights are off, we shall see how much zucchini they have finished by tom. morning:) Thanks!

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
im assuming they will reach breeding age in a few months...fts tomorrow hopefully

verbal

AC Members
May 4, 2010
Northern Virginia
Real Name
Jesse
Yeah I think you have a few months to go. First you should see some small bristles on the sides of the males, then after than they should start to get more bristles.

I have had a male Albino LF BN for a while. I crossed him with a super red female a few times. Then I just paired him up with an Albino LF and he is fanning eggs now.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
Yeah I think you have a few months to go. First you should see some small bristles on the sides of the males, then after than they should start to get more bristles.

I have had a male Albino LF BN for a while. I crossed him with a super red female a few times. Then I just paired him up with an Albino LF and he is fanning eggs now.
nice:)

yeah, thats what i thought too...kinda hard to get pics of them atm as they are super active and as soon as they settle down enough for a pic, they are off..lol

stormywendyann

AC Members
Apr 21, 2012
Westchester, CA
Real Name
Wendy Lubianetsky
Those guys are weird looking... in a good way. LOL

oo7genie

Hello my fintime gal...
Nov 18, 2010
Eugene, OR
Real Name
Rick
I added a single pair of veiltail ABN to my 60g planted community tank with some cichlid stones. After roughly a year, with no special help from me, one morning I woke up to around a dozen fry. Unfortunately, between the time I turned on the light and saw them, to the point that I got a tank ready for them, they had already been eaten by the other inhabitants. I was disappointed, as I know several people and places in town that would be interested in juvies.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
I added a single pair of veiltail ABN to my 60g planted community tank with some cichlid stones. After roughly a year, with no special help from me, one morning I woke up to around a dozen fry. Unfortunately, between the time I turned on the light and saw them, to the point that I got a tank ready for them, they had already been eaten by the other inhabitants. I was disappointed, as I know several people and places in town that would be interested in juvies.
nice! sucks that fry were eaten, maybe put them in a sep. tank for a few weeks and see what happens?
good luck with yours!

yeah, im sure ppl would buy these...on CL/here/other forums/my LFS maybe?

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
thanks!:)^

need some pics...they have grown quite a bit...but still not breeding age...a few more months:D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store