help me decide.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
ok so im trying to decide what fish i should do as a centerpiece in my 10 gallon heavily planted. right now i have 6 celestrial pearl danios. i might add 2 more eventually. there are 4 fish ive been thinking of getting.
1. honey gourami
how many could i have? also how are gouramis? ive never had one.
2.betta
how good would a betta and celestrial pearl danios do?
3.sparkling gouramis
how many could i have?
4.peacock gudgeon
are these compatible with the danios? how many could i have?
thanks
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

iamstarstuff

AC Members
May 23, 2012
1 and 2 and 3 would do great. I don't know about the last one.

dani_starr

AC Members
Aug 6, 2011
California
Real Name
Dani :)
ok so im trying to decide what fish i should do as a centerpiece in my 10 gallon heavily planted. right now i have 6 celestrial pearl danios. i might add 2 more eventually. there are 4 fish ive been thinking of getting.
1. honey gourami
how many could i have? also how are gouramis? ive never had one.
2.betta
how good would a betta and celestrial pearl danios do?
3.sparkling gouramis
how many could i have?
4.peacock gudgeon
are these compatible with the danios? how many could i have?
thanks
I would add 2 more celestial pearl danios first, so you have a school of 8. For the honey gouramis, you could have 3, I would do 1 male and 2 females. As for how gouramis are, I have never had dwarf, but I have had the moonlight, gold, blue, and 3 spot, and I personally loved them all. Watch some videos on youtube, that's how I ultimately figure out if I like a fish. Males tend to fight with each other, so I would do only 1 male. For the #1 combo, have the temp between 71.6-75.2, pH 6-8, 5-15 dH

I wouldn't do the sparkling gouramis with the celestial danios personally, as the danios like water around 64-73F, while the sparkling gouramis like 77-82F water.

From what I've read, you could do peacock gudgeons with the celestials, you could have 3 peacock gudgeons with 8 celestials, keep the temp between 71.6-75.2F, pH 6-8, 5-15 dH.

:)

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
ok cool i keep the tank at room temp which is 75. i think ill do the honey gouramis but ill look at some videos first.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store