"live bearing" malaysian trumpet snails

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

iheartbettas

AC Members
Sep 9, 2010
Detroit Metro area, Michigan
Real Name
Bernie
Hi guys, quick question: Are live bearing Malaysian Trumpet snails the same as Malaysian Trumpet snails? I saw some live bearing ones in the LFS and they looked darker, not the usual light colored MTS i've had. Thanks!

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Same thing.

Lillyan

AC Members
Jan 26, 2010
Culpeper, VA
Yeppers, all the same. I've read they can potentially grow to 1.5in, though, I've never seen them past 3/4-1in.

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
same, as others have said.

mts are snails that don't lay eggs, they give live birth to baby snails. IMO, this store is probably trying to make a bigger buck on the snails by calling them 'livebearing' on the tank tag.

stormywendyann

AC Members
Apr 21, 2012
Westchester, CA
Real Name
Wendy Lubianetsky
Yep Yep Yep

Ashes2ashes

Smash the owl!
May 4, 2010
Cola town SC
Real Name
Ash
same, as others have said.

mts are snails that don't lay eggs, they give live birth to baby snails. IMO, this store is probably trying to make a bigger buck on the snails by calling them 'livebearing' on the tank tag.
Yep, exactly! I see all kinds of posts different places like "Live bearing algae eating snails!! Amazing!!" just to try and make money off what is normally thought of as a pest snail by many and definitely not worth much money since they multiply very fast if you have just a couple....or one even. So, while the algae eating thing is a bit of a stretch, like BFM said, all MTS are live bearing. =)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store