angelfish with split fin

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
i have 5 angelfish in a 29 gallon grow out tank with a festivum. all are about quarter size maybe a little more. one of them out of the 5 gets split fins. its a veil tail but i have another veil tail thats fine. tank params are fine and i havent seen any nipping. so why does this one angel get split fins??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
fins may just be weaker?

and although you say you don't see any nipping, it could still be going on. you don't sit by your tank 24/7, eh?

stormywendyann

AC Members
Apr 21, 2012
Westchester, CA
Real Name
Wendy Lubianetsky
I know you are usually really good with your water parameters, but the only time my Oscar splits a fin is when I don't keep up with his constant water changes. If I miss a day or two.... split fin. Just a thought. Also, I treat split fins with a mixture of Pimafix and Melafix. It heals them rapidly with no secondary problems occuring.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
fins may just be weaker?

and although you say you don't see any nipping, it could still be going on. you don't sit by your tank 24/7, eh?
yea could be. theyll soon be in a 55 and once i get a pair im removing the rest. well if i get the right pair :)
I know you are usually really good with your water parameters, but the only time my Oscar splits a fin is when I don't keep up with his constant water changes. If I miss a day or two.... split fin. Just a thought. Also, I treat split fins with a mixture of Pimafix and Melafix. It heals them rapidly with no secondary problems occuring.
i do 50%+ a week, and split up my water changes into 2 days so i dont get overwhelmed and i get to everybody. i havent had to treat its fins. it grows right back in a day or 2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store