Thank you very much!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
Here's a story.

About 2 months ago I was helping a friend clean out their garage. They gave me a 2g tank with heater and air pump. My girlfriend and I had kept a couple fish in a tank of similar size in the past but when we went to stock this small tank we decided on a 10g and set the whole thing up. About 2 weeks later we realized how much we have fallen for this hobby and got a 50g off Craigslist. Along the way there has been hiccups and we've lost a few fish and learned a lot in the process about what we should have done a bit differently about how we should do things from now on as far as taking care of our fish and all the equipment we need.

For some reason we have just fallen in love with our fish and half of that is because of you guys. Without you guys around to ask questions and to show me amazing fish I've never heard of I don't think I would be so ensorcelled by it. And without you guys I wouldn't have learned so much about how to give my fish the best life possible.

So thank you very much. Thank you for helping me along the way and thank you for giving me a deeper love for the hobby every day I come to the forum

=)

Sent from my ADR6300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

stormywendyann

AC Members
Apr 21, 2012
Westchester, CA
Real Name
Wendy Lubianetsky
That is what the forum is here for . . . I am glad you love aquariums as much as the rest of us do.

StarSapphire22

Senior Member and Goldie Enthusiast
May 3, 2012
Fargo, ND
Real Name
Jessica
um......ditto. You guys are awesome.

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
Two-ish years ago I bought a ten gallon, then a used 55, then a 46 bowfront, then another 55, then a 29. Got rid of the first 55, bought a brand new 60g and stand, was planted for about 6 months, then I switched it to
Sw.
During that time I upgraded my second 55 to a "75" I found on Craigslist. Turned out it was a 100 gallon. Ran that for about a year, tore it down and sold all the fish since we will be moving soon and the tank needs resealed anyways.

Also have a 180 waiting to be setup after the move, going to be a reef tank :) there is no cure for mts

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

The Zigman

Here fishy fishy fishy!!!
Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
It depends onthe resin used.
ll fiberglass is not created equal...

Polyester resins are used in normal everyday fiberglass, like car and truck parts. They are not 100% waterproof, because the will allow water to seem through.

Boats are made with a Marine epxoy resin, that is NOT polyester. this is the good stuff that is water proof.

Before you take on an endeavor make sure you know what you are getting yourself into.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
It depends onthe resin used.
ll fiberglass is not created equal...

Polyester resins are used in normal everyday fiberglass, like car and truck parts. They are not 100% waterproof, because the will allow water to seem through.

Boats are made with a Marine epxoy resin, that is NOT polyester. this is the good stuff that is water proof.

Before you take on an endeavor make sure you know what you are getting yourself into.
Strange...I'm guessing you were replying to this thread? http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?263419-fiberglass-3-d-background

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
Lol slappy I came back earlier and was like "um what?"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store