How long can my corals survive without light?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BucketFish

AC Members
May 22, 2012
Told you guys about my hqi light malfunctions....gave it to my father to fix, he's done with it (hooray!) But I'm not picking it up till late tonight. The lights have been off for about 24 hours now, temperature and water fine...calcium all of a sudden went up a little? Are the coral going to be ok for the day? I have:

1 galaxia
2 zoanthids
1 hammer
1 birdsnest
1 flowerpot
1 favia brain
1 mushroom

Sent from my SCH-I800 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
They were ok in sealed boxes for 2 days when they got shipped, so a day at ambient light is just a really cloudy day. No worries!

xDetroitMetalx

AC Members
Apr 24, 2008
Moro, OR
Silly people do the week of darkness when they have hair algae problems. The week stresses out the corals but they still survive. 48 hours will be no biggy!

Glad your father fixed it, good deal! Post pictures when you get it.

BucketFish

AC Members
May 22, 2012
I can't figure out how to post my pictures on this app! Is there a website where you can do that or do you have to have tapatalk to do that? it's unfortunate but my wife won't let me buy apps :-( lame I know.

I love this thing. You guys are great fishie friends...:)

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
it's unfortunate but my wife won't let me buy apps :-( lame I know.
Crack that whip-devo

:D

If you have this app, you should be able to click on open advanced options, then choose a pic to upload. Then you can insert it in the reply.

You can also get the photobucket app, upload an image, copy the file image, and paste it in the reply.

As

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Few days not a problem, power outage after hurricane last fall mine were in the dark for 4 days, everything was back to looking good 2 days later.

When on my phone I never used any of the app's for this forum just my browser.. What about the photobucket app I think its free to autoupload pics taken on your phone, then just putting in the link in the editor here?

BucketFish

AC Members
May 22, 2012
Just downloaded photobucket. Working on it now...if you guys see any potential problems in my tank once I get some photos (What is it about clownfish and cameras? They're like fashion models it's ridiculous!)

Photos coming soon, guys. Keep the convo going I LOVE IT learning so mich from ya'll.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store