Noy trying to be gross, just concerned...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BucketFish

AC Members
May 22, 2012
Fed the fishies last night. My greedy, bossy little clownfish ate, then made a giant poopie IMMEDIATELY. As it was still eating! Is this normal....? Some kinda digestion problem? No big deal or do I have something to worry about? Maybe I watch my fish too much...

Sent from my SCH-I800 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

BucketFish

AC Members
May 22, 2012
Hmmm...thought freshwater fish were different that way. All the freshwaters I've seen poop like crazy. Never have caught any of my other sw creatures pooping that much...or that quickly. Starting to assume that it is a smaller animal, smaller&quicker digestive system.

I'm brand new to this, so I worry a lot. I look to you guys for a little confidence and assurance, or help and suggestions when needed....sometimes I just don't know what the hell I'm doing or what's going on in my tank.

Thanks for your input on what probably looks like stupid questions, guys. :)

Sent from my SCH-I800 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

carolinyens

AC Members
Apr 20, 2009
Butner NC
I doubt it pooped it out immediately. It prolly just hadn't pooped yet and the new food pushed it out. I wouldn't worry about it

Sent from my PantechP8000 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
You should consider feeding your fish less fiber :). J/k, you're fine.

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
You should consider feeding your fish less fiber :). J/k, you're fine.
Someone told me you would have cookies for me. Is that after my new 135g SW tank is up and running or do I get a cookie for trying to take on the endeavor? XD

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
I'm sorry, I made a fresh batch but then I got the munchies and ate them all :). Just made up some fresh ones though so check your thread.

fshfanatic

AC Members
Apr 7, 2006
Arizona
Real Name
Mike
it is coincidence most likely that the fish was pinching one off at that time.. But, if it wasnt and it did happen to happen because you were feeding it, I still wouldnt worry. Have you ever been eating and had to drop a dump? Did you survive? :p I am sure it will be fine.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Fish have no concept of what we consider 'gross.' ;) If they need to go, they let it rip.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store