Betta + Corys?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bettabuddy

AC Members
Nov 9, 2010
Hey everyone,

I have a bit of a dilemma that I need some help with. About a year and a half ago I won a feeder goldfish
at a carnival. I put the goldfish in a 10 gallon tank by itself and my mom insisted on buying it a friend. My mom isn't exactly a fish expert and I know that goldfish need tanks much bigger than 10 gallons, but I figured he was lucky that I won him instead of a kid who would stick him in a tiny fish bowl. Of course she had to go out and buy tropical freshwater fish, she bought two corys. They've been living in there with the goldfish for about a year now, but they don't seem very happy. I'm sure its because they need warmer water and different conditions.

I also have a betta fish in a 5 gallon tank. I was wondering if I could stick the corys in there with the betta. I researched a little and found that it sort of depends on the betta whether or not they could have tank makes. I also know that 2 corys and a betta in a 5 gallon tank is kind of tight. Would it be better do squeeze them in there? Or leave the corys in the 10 gallon with the goldfish?

Thanks!

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
corys really need a 20 gallon and a goldfish much more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

bettabuddy

AC Members
Nov 9, 2010
I know, but I don't have much to work with here. I'm also a college student and I can't leave my mom
here with huge tanks to take care of, let alone could I afford them haha.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
then you should rehome them to people who have proper care and get fish that will go in your tanks. the betta is the only one with a proper home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store