Indica Pictures and The Dreaded Hair Algae

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Leopardess

Everything's eventual.
Aug 13, 2003
New Hampshire Seacoast Area
Visit site
Ok, maybe not dreaded. If I had to pick an algae, this would probably be it. Its really easily removed.

Yes, I realize these pics are kind of plant aimed - but doesn't everyone like looking at pictures?:D

Ok, let me show you what makes me mad :mad:

I didn't think any of these pics would turn out well - I had been taking pics of my frog - but I thought I might as well just "use" the rest of the memory on the camera while I was there. Well, turns out I got some pics I WOULD have really liked because I like the reflection in the water. If it weren't for that gnarly algae.

More pics of the enemy.

Stupid, stupid algae:mad:

Well, after beating the mutant algae monster into submission, armed with nothing more than a Crest Toothbrush, I claimed victory over the beast. Too bad when I used the toothbrush it moved the stems around...

And, I happened to get 5 of my pgymies in a blurry shot! Aren't they cuties:D

Leopardess

Everything's eventual.
Aug 13, 2003
New Hampshire Seacoast Area
Visit site
Yes. It's rotala indica. Gets nice and bright bright pink under high lights with good co2. I like the look it gets on the tips when it reaches the surface. It is quickly becoming my favorite plant!

Andy16

AC Members
Dec 10, 2002
Wisconsin
Visit site
Very nice leopardess. Keep up the great work! If my parents ever let me start another tank ill know who to ask for planted tank advice and advice on the plant.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store