ID please

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

steakman

AC Members
May 16, 2009
I need to trim and rearrange my planted tank with some community fish this morning. To my surprise, I found this "thing" in the bucket.
I have never bought it, and don't recall put this "thing" in there. Its mouth looks more like snake mouth minus the stick-out tongue. It doesn't have a snout like an eel's.
I took a picture of it and post it here.
My question is:
Is this an aquarium eel of some sort?
Or when I picked up the bucket in the morning, it was in there to begin with?
Is it some kind of garden snake?
Thanks for any advice.

aviva90

AC Members
Jun 19, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Real Name
Aviva
No idea where it could have come from, but I'm interested to see what people say, maybe a kuhli loach? Looks like one to me... but I may be wrong :eek:

steakman

AC Members
May 16, 2009
Yes, you guys are awesome, full of knowledge.
It looks just like that avia90.
I have no idea how it got in my tank.
It must have attached itself to the plants I bought from LFS.
I haven't introduced anything in my tank for almost 6 months now.
I am gonna google to see how I care for it. Or a quick solution is to throw it out into my back yard ... :D

Thanks, guys

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
they are social, very easy to keep. You might consider addign a few more as they are much more visible and happy in groups.

tolawdjk

AC Members
Sep 8, 2010
Makes me laugh to see a kuhli described as "this "thing"". Like if you went to sleep tonight it would crawl out of the tank and eat your dog or something.

steakman

AC Members
May 16, 2009
Makes me laugh to see a kuhli described as "this "thing"". Like if you went to sleep tonight it would crawl out of the tank and eat your dog or something.
I don't have a dog, but yes, I was scared that it's gonna crawl out and find the way to where I sleep and crawl in ... into my nostrils ... :D (I've watched too much cheap low-budget horror movies).

I don't like snakes or eels, that's why I had goose-bum all over my skin seeing it.

manda321

AC Members
May 15, 2012
Kuhli loach for sure. He's a good looking one too.

Sent from my PC36100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store