who here breeds fish besides live bearers!?!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Hans

I will eat your fish.
Oct 24, 2003
Gieboldehausen, DE
www.brianhanley.com
just list off what you breed for fun or if it just happens and any tricks you hvae learned, such as lowering the KH to simulate rainfall

~*LuvMyKribs*~

AC Members
Nov 15, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
www.aquaticescapes.ca
kribensis mainly. and tonight i just got my first batch of cynotilapia afra babies from my new-ish african tank! yay i am so happy...she did eat some of them though... but i have ended up with six (okay for a first timer).

oh and danios but they are really more by accident then actually breeding them.

yeah :p

PumaWard

In loving memory of Meeko
Jul 23, 2003
Vermont
Bettas, spike-tailed paradise fish, convicts, transcriptus (only eggs), kribs, neons (only eggs), glowlights (only eggs), lyretail killies (only eggs), cories (only eggs).

Bettas and spiketails were the only ones that anything special was done. Lower water level in a breeding tank. All the others did it on their own.

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
Over the years, all sorts of stuff. I've never done anything more than good husbandry, like regular water changes and lots of love.

Last few years:

Neolamprologus cylindricus: Feed, water changes and give them a rockpile, they do the rest.

Dwarf rainbows (Melanotaenia praecox): Nothing, just had them with enough plants to keep all the eggs and young from being eaten.

Ocellaris clowns: happy 20 gallon reef and lots of food generates a brood about every 2 weeks. They always hatch, but I haven't reared anybody yet.

PumaWard

In loving memory of Meeko
Jul 23, 2003
Vermont
My brother's rams breed periodically but they eat the eggs like a day after they are lain. Warm temps seem to stimulate them a bit.

Nippy

Sweetie's keeper
May 26, 2002
Fairbanks, Alaska
Nanochromis parilus
Blood parrots (eggs are never fertilized of course)
Convicts
L. careulus
L. fuelleborni
M. callianos (zebras)
Red Chromides

Hoping to breed sajicas, Kribs & maybe some kind of goby in the near future. I do have several other species of Africans ready to breed, but don't have mates for them yet. My M. chipokae and M. lombardoi are both ready to breed. Tried to get a male lombardoi twice and all they send are females! :mad:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store