29 Gallon Planted Diary

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

muddskipper26

Mudskipper Man
Jan 28, 2007
michigan
Hello everyone. I seem to have caught the fish bug again. I'm back home for the summer and have been working on a 29 gallon planted.

Specs:
-96 watts
-Planned DIY Co2, still waiting for some parts coming for big Als
-No ferts yet... again waiting for a large shipment from big Als
-Eco-complete and Tahitian Moon Sand (very nice mixture btw, very easy to get plants to root)
-Rena XP1

Inhabitants
-An ADF and Betta (my girlfriend bought me these and I set up a little 3 gallon kit aquarium up at school. I can't get rid of these either, she would be mad :eek:. The betta is mister grumpy gills, so he is in on of those hang on the side mini things. I have no where else to put him, but he seems quite happy and is looking quite good)
-6 Furcata Rainbows
-6 Microrasboras
-4 Panda Cories
-L129 Pleco
-Sparkling Guorami

Future Inhabitants
- Cherry Shrimp
- Pair of Peacock Gudgeons
- Pair of GBRs
- Farlowella Acus - skeptical of tank size
- Siamese Peacock Eel - skeptical of tank size and the microrasboras

Question: I've never had Cherry Shrimp, how well would they do in a DENSELY planted community such as mine

Will Probably add one of those ^^^

First Picture is now...Second one is a week ago. I am planning on adding some Hair grass or Blyxa Japonica to the foreground infront of the wood once I get the CO2 and ferts up and running

IMG_0142.JPG IMG_0145.JPG

muddskipper26

Mudskipper Man
Jan 28, 2007
michigan
Update... An ich outbreak LITERALLY just happened after my last water change. It was a bit colder than it should have been :thumbsdown:

stormywendyann

AC Members
Apr 21, 2012
Westchester, CA
Real Name
Wendy Lubianetsky
That happened to me once. A heater broke and by the time I notices... ICH. Yikes. Turn up the heat and get rid of it.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store