Fish hoarder

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

captmicha

Le tired.
Dec 6, 2006
Maryland, USA
Is anyone a fish hoarder? I think I might be... I always want to get more than I have room for. And I don't trust people so I don't rehome my guppies. I can't seem to help myself when I go to fish stores so I've stopped going. I keep looking over Aquabid but lack of money is really the only thing that's stopping me.

It's weird, I don't hoard anything else.

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
Yeah I'm like that too. I have exert an extraordinary amount of self control and I'm lucky I only have one very smal LFS around me that doesn't stock some of the more rare species of fish and I can't afford online shipping so that's keeping me in line.

Someone who is moving wants me to take his whole fish lot and it took a lot but I told him I could only take certain ones because of my stocking and compatibility and because I don't have my second 55g setup (that will be my girlfriends tank). The worst part is I would ave liked to av gotten the BN pleco he had and his clown loaches but I can't have too many bottom feeders. My tank bottom is already spoken for by some Cory's and borneo suckers

Que

I wish I was a fish I wish.
Feb 15, 2007
Southern Berkshire county, MA
Real Name
Ken
Camera Used
cell phone
FASH is worse than FAS. Fish Accumulation Syndrom - Hoarding

captmicha

Le tired.
Dec 6, 2006
Maryland, USA
I'm the worst with loaches and catfish! There are just too many interesting ones out there that I fall in love with. My tanks are full of bottom feeders.

napsterninja

AC Members
Sep 19, 2010
Or if you try maximizing your tanks by having diffrent fishes at all three levels (upper,mid, and bottom). Sometimes that doesn't work so well when you stop running out of quarantine space and/or procedures!

RisiganL.

AC Members
Feb 24, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Real Name
Risigan Logendran
I would be a terrible fish hoarder, but being in high school and living with parents seems to be one of the best remedies.

stormywendyann

AC Members
Apr 21, 2012
Westchester, CA
Real Name
Wendy Lubianetsky
I definately love fish, and if I had more money, I would have more fish. Does that make me a hoarder?

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
are you keeping so many fish that you are putting them in harm to keep more?...if not than no you are not a hoarder...

Animal hoarding involves keeping a higher-than-usual number of animals as domestic pets without having the ability to properly house or care for them, while at the same time denying this inability. Compulsive hoarding can be characterized as a symptom of mental disorder rather than deliberate cruelty towards animals. Hoarders are deeply attached to their pets and find it extremely difficult to let the pets go. They typically cannot comprehend that they are harming their pets by failing to provide them with proper care. Hoarders tend to believe that they provide the right amount of care for their pets.[SUP][1][/SUP] The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals provides a "Hoarding Prevention Team", which works with hoarders to help them attain a manageable and healthy number of pets.[SUP][2][/SUP]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_hoarder

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
are you keeping so many fish that you are putting them in harm to keep more?...if not than no you are not a hoarder...
I don't think the topic was meant to be taken that seriously

Sent from my Droid Incredible using the Monster Aquaria Network app

stormywendyann

AC Members
Apr 21, 2012
Westchester, CA
Real Name
Wendy Lubianetsky
I have that mental illness along with about 20 others... I am so much fun to be around.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store