Dwarf gourami and tiger barbs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Gouramiluver

Gourami Mommy
May 31, 2012
Austin, TX
Would dwarf gourami and tiger barbs live in the same tank. I used to have tiger barbs with other species of fish and they can be really peacful but these two species can have a really short temper sometimes. I would really appreciate your opinion!!!

MGDMIRAGE

AC Members
Nov 29, 2009
Spokane, Washington
I wouldn't risk it personally, T Barbs can be real jerks to some fish. You might be fine and yet again you may end up with fin-less gouramies.

GS1981

AC Members
Jun 26, 2012
Somerset, England
I think the opposite because I have had them with things like Angels and 3-spot Gouramis with no bother aslong as they are in a big group.

I currently have 15 Barbs (Rosy and Black Ruby) which are basically the same thing with 2 large Angels and my Angels fins are fine.

Might be different on a small Dwarf Gourami tho.

Windy

AC Members
May 30, 2007
Theed Palace on Naboo
Real Name
Lazaro
Tiger Barbs are notorious Fin Nippers. If you can, keep them in 2 separate tanks. If you can't, then get only Tiger Barbs or the Gourami and add fish that are friendly towards the Gourami.

ppetropulo

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Colorado
Ok, really, whatever you do, don't put them together!!!! I put a dwarf gourami into a tank with 1 BABY TIGER BARB!!! and the gourami was dead within the hour, with the baby tiger barb still picking at its corpse. So, not the best idea. Sorry!

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
Ok, really, whatever you do, don't put them together!!!! I put a dwarf gourami into a tank with 1 BABY TIGER BARB!!! and the gourami was dead within the hour, with the baby tiger barb still picking at its corpse. So, not the best idea. Sorry!
I'm not trying to be the stocking police but tiger barbs are best kept in groups.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store