baby plecos always missing

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ladyblues1965

AC Members
May 15, 2008
Helena Arkansas
Real Name
Kelley Taylor
everytime i have a new batch of bushy nose pleco baby's they always go missing. Do you think maybe my kribensis are eating them? that is the only fish in this tank with them besided many plecos . I see them when they are out of the cave then they are gone.

Reeyia

AC Members
Jul 11, 2009
The Kribs are eating them - I watched mine nab a couple before I pulled them from the tank!

stormywendyann

AC Members
Apr 21, 2012
Westchester, CA
Real Name
Wendy Lubianetsky
Big fish eat smaller fish.

ladyblues1965

AC Members
May 15, 2008
Helena Arkansas
Real Name
Kelley Taylor
thats kinda what I thought! **** I have may plecos in there and 12 kribs really dont want to pull any of them from the tank. guess I could pull the kids when I see them.
thanks ya all

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
When I have BN eggs, I pull the cave, father, eggs and all, and move it to the grow out tank. What type of filter is on the tank ? I use foam pre filters on all my pleco tanks to keep the fry from going into the filter (which they seemed to always do). Good luck.

owenodin

AC Members
May 17, 2011
Northeast
Good luck with the remaining babies!

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
Try a flashlight and look into the cave. You can usually see a clump of the eggs. I just move the cave into the already established grow out tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store