New cichlids

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

real

AC Members
May 28, 2012
Greater Sacramento
Real Name
Cyrus Javan
Well the cichlid bug hit me again today and I had to get these two for my 55. A green terror ( hopefully male) and a Texas. I've never had Texas cichlids before so we will see. I also did a 10 gallon water change so they should be good. Do you think I should feed them tomorrow ( second day in the tank) or wait till they settle in more?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1338622043.446376.jpg

stormywendyann

AC Members
Apr 21, 2012
Westchester, CA
Real Name
Wendy Lubianetsky
Very nice cichlids, I am a big fan. I always try to feed my fish the next day so they start to learn the routine more quickly and come to understand that, yes, you will feed them.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Anything else in that tank? Just curious, you were recently talking about this as its stocking..

real

AC Members
May 28, 2012
Greater Sacramento
Real Name
Cyrus Javan
Yeah I was playing with that idea and feeling it out a little. But I really love cichlids It was too much temptation at the LFS. personally the community fish never have enough personality more just something to look at not a pet. Right now there is a school of neon tetras and the cichlids aren't too mean to them. I believe they call them dither fish like something to keep the cichlids busy.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
lol, they also call them feeder fish for the cichlids you have chosen....

real

AC Members
May 28, 2012
Greater Sacramento
Real Name
Cyrus Javan
Yeah I was already thinking giant danios haha yeah those tetras are trying I'll see if I can regime them before before the green terror gets angry. Oh and what do you guys think for the giant danios, like 8 or what?

RisiganL.

AC Members
Feb 24, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Real Name
Risigan Logendran
I am not sure there is enough room for both a green terror and a texas cichlid in a 55g. Both get large and aggressive. I have a Jack Dempsey which is similarly sized to your fish, and I can't put ANY cichlids in with him.

real

AC Members
May 28, 2012
Greater Sacramento
Real Name
Cyrus Javan
Well they are small now and hopefully if they grow up together they should be fine.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store