betta with celestrial pearl danio?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
would this be a goos combination? maybe some pygmy corys for the bottom? its a very heavily planted 10 gallon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
i realize it depwnds on the betta but can he eat them? would a baby betta grown up with them be better? i can feed it decap brine shrimp.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
is 78 ok for a betta? theyre currently at 75 but i could crank it up

iamstarstuff

AC Members
May 23, 2012
What type of betta is he? I have had no problems with the betta splendens and danios, with that said I do have problems with betta plakat and other fish.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
i think ill just use the 5 gallon for a halfmoon

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
i think ill just use the 5 gallon for a halfmoon

He will probably be happier there, my betta seemed happier the other day when I moved his friends into a 10 gallon. They are good community fish though. (my crowntail betta lives in a 5.5 gallon)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

JamieMonster

AC Members
Mar 16, 2012
Chicagoland, USA
Real Name
Jamie
Yeah- it depends on the individual personality of the betta. Some are mellow some... aren't. I don't think he could "eat" them per-say, but some definitely will stalk and kill other tank mates, if you get a cranky one. They tend to be a little bit on the slow swimming side, and have trouble catching faster fish, but they can also be pretty persistent. Not to mention, the concern wouldn't only be for the safety of the other tank inhabitants, but also for him, as well. He would be stressed, if it turned out to be that kind of situation. Some of them get along fabulously with other tank mates, some don't. You have to be more careful in smaller tanks, as there is less space for them to get out of each other's faces, though. Maybe look for a LFS that keeps some in community tanks, find one you like who is already living with similar fish, and watch him for a bit to make sure he isn't going after anyone? I'd also have the rest of the tank stocked & established, so he doesn't claim territory over the whole tank before adding tank mates, and then have what he sees as intruders added into his space. 75 degrees would be ok for the danios, who like somewhat cooler water, and would be ok for the betta, they're pretty adaptable- but, bettas usually don't do well at temps much lower than that. (they frequently even stop eating at temps under 70, and under 75 would probably be stressful for them.)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store