So sad - baby robin died in nest

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cubequeen

AC Members
Apr 28, 2007
Indiana
www.etsy.com
Real Name
Karen
For the past month we've been dealing with a Robin's nest built on top of our porch light. I didn't like that they built a nest around something electrical, but it's been interesting to watch them hatch and grow. I knew they were big enough to leave the nest soon. When I came home this evening to check on them, only one was still in the nest. It took me several minutes to realize it wasn't moving and was dead. So sad. I guess I'll have to remove the nest with the dead baby soon.

cubequeen

AC Members
Apr 28, 2007
Indiana
www.etsy.com
Real Name
Karen
False alarm!!! Hurray!!

Guess, what!!!! I was wrong! Baby bird is not dead, must have been playing possum or asleep or something. Also must have been laying on top of other babies, because now I'm sure I see at least two. Possibly all four are still in there. Whew!!

cubequeen

AC Members
Apr 28, 2007
Indiana
www.etsy.com
Real Name
Karen
Good news, bad news....

Bad news: Baby robin was dead after all. When I saw babies moving after I found the one I thought was dead, I assumed I was wrong and it was among the living, moving babies I saw later. But this morning we found him dead on the ground. I think it got kicked out of the nest soon after I found it dead in the nest.

Good news: We know at least two of the babies made it out of the nest okay because we saw them fly away. Not sure about the fourth one, but I think it must have left the nest okay because it hasn't been found dead and the nest is now totally empty.

Have a nice life, babies...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store