two new rescues ^_^

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
So I have a thing for fish that most people don't want..bent twisted missing fins.

So I went to my local PetSmart witch they know me ..the manager is a very good fish keeper and the stock at this store is normally decent...looking around i noticed a golden wonder killifish who had been there for moths..S shaped..come to find out they had two who were twisted..so they gave them to me^_^

S in the spine

major scoop in the spine just behind the head.

they are eating already and will have long happy healthy lives...

oh oh and I found a short body Turquoise rainbow fish that I could not pass up..and OMG he has colored up so much after going in to my tank he was so gray at the store.

^_^ just wanted to share!

JamieMonster

AC Members
Mar 16, 2012
Chicagoland, USA
Real Name
Jamie
Awww- congrats on the new cuties! I have a thing for "less than perfect" and "rescues", too. It is wonderful that they will have a loving, and incredible home with you, now. So awesome. :D

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
Awww- congrats on the new cuties! I have a thing for "less than perfect" and "rescues", too. It is wonderful that they will have a loving, and incredible home with you, now. So awesome. :D
thank you!..I love giving fish that no one wants a good home!

StarSapphire22

Senior Member and Goldie Enthusiast
May 3, 2012
Fargo, ND
Real Name
Jessica
You should see Jamie's Tater. He's stinkin adorable. Yours are pretty cute too. :) My comet goldfish, Ratchet, isn't permanently deformed or anything, but he was picked on and had a missing chunk of tail (almost fully grown back now!), and I just had to have that one. Boyfriend was worried about infections and stuff, and I said I wasn't leaving him in there to be bullied and starving. He's best friends with my moor now. :)

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
You should see Jamie's Tater. He's stinkin adorable. Yours are pretty cute too. :) My comet goldfish, Ratchet, isn't permanently deformed or anything, but he was picked on and had a missing chunk of tail (almost fully grown back now!), and I just had to have that one. Boyfriend was worried about infections and stuff, and I said I wasn't leaving him in there to be bullied and starving. He's best friends with my moor now. :)
haha would love to see it!!

Awwww. The Killifish are so cute. That Rainbow fish is beautiful-I'm loving the Turquoise color.
thank you !! the rainbow is coloring up nicely and everyone seems to be settling in.

Chickadee

Snail addict
Dec 26, 2010
Traverse City, MI
Love this! I'm always the one picking out the Charlie Brown tree (so to speak), whether it's plants, animals or snails. It's so rewarding to watch them bloom into healthy, happy critters. Always nice to read about others who feel the same way. Most of my friends think I'm a little nuts :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store